The NNPRFTC seeks to make the accreditation process as clear and streamlined as possible. Prior to applying, we advise becoming familiar with the process and the Accreditation Standards. The Accreditation Process Maps (Initial Accreditation and Renewal of Accreditation) and the Accreditation Fact Sheet are provided as overviews of the process. In this section specific menu items on the left provide more detailed information and guidance on every step of the process.
Fee: Total accreditation fee for Initial Accreditation, for a single training program is $10,000. This accreditation fee consists of $1,000 non-refundable application fee plus $9,000 review fee (includes technical support and site visit for 'primary' or 'first' program track.) For programs with additional tracks, the total accreditation fee is $10,000 for the 'first' track plus $6,500 per additional track, with the possibility of further costs to reimburse travel costs if program sites are a considerable distance apart. If additional fees are determined to be necessary, they will be calculated at the current federal rate for travel costs.
The total accreditation fee for Renewal of Accreditation is $4,500. This accreditation fee consists of $1,000 non-refundable application fee plus the $3,500 review fee (includes technical support and site visit costs for 'primary' or 'first' track program.) For every additional program track, there is a separate $3,500 review fee.
Application: Applying for accreditation is a two-step process. The first step is to complete and submit, via the website, the “Notice of Intent to Apply” form located under the "APPLY" tab in the upper right-hand corner of the website's home page. This opens your accreditation application file. Our staff will walk you through the process. Click here to begin the "Notice of Intent to Apply" process. The second step is to submit, via the website, the "Application" form. Within one month of submitting the Notice of Intent to Apply, the formal application must be submitted along with the non-refundable application fee of $1,000.00. The application form is also located under the "APPLY" tab in the upper right-hand corner of this website's home page. Once your application is received, the date for the site visit is established, approximately 7 months in the future. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self Study: After you apply, the next step in the programmatic self study. We have several tools to assist in the self study process. The self study is the internal review of your program, focusing on its adherence to the Accreditation Standards. The Self Study Guide provides step-by-step directions on the process. To assist your program in determining its adherence to the Accreditation Standards, we also provide a template for a gap analysis that is based on the Accreditation Standards. The NNPRFTC offers technical support and guidance throughout the self study process. The findings of your program's internal review are documented in the Self Study Report. The Self Study Report is submitted to the NNPRFTC. More information on the self study process is detailed below.
Site visit: Following your program's submission of its Self Study Report, a 1.5 day on-site visit is conducted. In preparation for the site visit the NNPRFTC provides various worksheets and document templates to facilitate the collaborative development of the site visit agenda. Further information about the site visit is included under two menu tabs to the left: Timeline & Process and Policies & Procedures.
Decision: Following the site visit, the site visitors submit their findings to the NNPRFTC Accreditation Commission for consideration. This report is also provided to the program for correction of any factual errors and for the opportunity to provide commentary on the site visitors' findings. The Accreditation Commission reviews all relevant documentation, including programmatic and public commentary, and then renders an accreditation decision. Decisions are posted on the ACCREDITATION STATUS tab in the upper right-hand corner of the website's home page. Additional details about the process are provided under the Policies and Procedures menu tab to the left.
The Accreditation Commission awards Initial Accreditation to programs that demonstrate full compliance with the accreditation standards and have not had NNPRFTC accreditation in the immediately preceding time period. Renewal of Accreditation may be awarded to programs that have maintained compliance with the accredtiation standards during the immediately preceding accredtiation term. On rare occasions, the Accreditation Commission decide to Defer an accreditation decision. Adverse actions by the Accreditation Commission, which will be reported to the U S Department of Education and other relevant bodies, are: Denial of Accreditation and Rescinding of Accreditation. At any time during an accreditation term, a program may elect Voluntary Withdrawal of Accreditation.
Self Study Process
Important: once you review the Accreditation Fact Sheet and the Accreditation Standards, you will want to assemble your team to review the Self Study Guide. The Self Study Guide has three purposes, to: 1) describe your program; 2) document your findings regarding the degree to which your program is likely to meet the Accreditation Standards: and 3) guide the format of your Self Study Report and accompanying documentation.
In essence the self study is an internal review or internal evaluation of the program. It is the preparation for the external review that occurs with the on-site visit. The final step in the programmatic self study process is to write up the findings and submit them to the NNPRFTC. Please contact the NNPRFTC for technical support and guidance on the self study process.
- Determine if your program is eligible for NNPRFTC accreditation. Institutional eligibility requirements are specified in Standard 4 of the Accreditation Standards, also provided in the drop down menu on the left of your screen. Programmatic requirements include a minimum of 12-months of clinically intensive training in a program that includes NP leadership.
- If yes, download and review the Accreditation Fact Sheet and Standards and ask: are we ready?
- Confirm support of institutional leadership and $10,000 funding for initial Accreditation application and review, and $4,500 for Renewal of Accreditation application and review. Separate fee structure for federal programs.
- If yes, submit Notice of Intent to Apply via the website so that we can begin to support you in the process.
- Download and review the Self Study Guide and ask: are we ready?
- If yes, submit the Application form, along with non-refundable application $1,000 fee.
- Determine date for on site visit, approximately 7 months from date of application submission.
- Schedule technical support calls with NNPRFTC office to monitor progress towards completion of self study.
- When all documentation completed, submit Self Study Report to the NNPRFTC. Contact NNPRFTC for details on how to submit.
- Full accreditation fee of $10,000 must be paid in full prior to site visit.
- Schedule post-accreditation conference call to review accreditation decision.
- Continue forward with annual self-assessment and progress report, mid-term report, and preparation for next accreditation cycle.
If any questions arise, we invite you to contact us directly at email@example.com