The NNPRFTC exists to support new and ongoing postgraduate training programs for nurse practitioners in the achievement and maintenance of the highest standards of rigor and quality, consistent with achieving the goal of an expert healthcare workforce prepared to meet the needs of patients and the society as a whole.
Eligibility for Accreditation Review
Application for Accreditation for Postgraduate NP training programs should be completed by the primary sponsoring organization. Postgraduate NP training programs must meet the following basic criteria in order to be eligible for consideration of accreditation.
The sponsoring organization must be located within the US and operate Postgraduate NP training programs in settings that may include but are not limited to:
· Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) and FQHC look-‐alike organizations
· Nurse managed health centers
· Other safety net settings such as the Indian Health Service
· Veterans Health Administration system
· Integrated Health Systems
· Private clinic systems and practices
· Academic health centers/medical centers, both public and private
The sponsoring organization must hold and maintain a current accreditation and/or certification by an entity that recognizes quality and safety of care. These entities may include but are not limited to:
· A nationally recognized regional or specialized/professional accrediting agency that accredits the institution of higher education that offers the postgraduate training program
· Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
· The Joint Commission, with specific accreditation under the Standard applicable to the practice site of the postgraduate residency training program.
Program applicants must be:
· A graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program who has earned either a Master of Science in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice. The educational program should be accredited by CCNE or ACEN
· Board certified (by ANCC or AANP) and license eligible as an advance practice nurse in the state in which the program is located by a date determined by the Program in accordance with the planned program curriculum.
Reviewed and posted 06/12/17